Don't Miss

8 Things You Should Never Put in the Microwave

Grapes

There are a lot of reasons why we shouldn’t use microwaves — they steal nutrients from our food, they might cause cancer, etc. But these 6 things should never go in the microwave for a different reason; they can cause some seriously dangerous reactions.

Grapes

This is possibly the number one thing to not put in a microwave. It seems harmless enough, although I’m not sure why anyone would want to eat hot grapes. But, what happens is that a chemical inside the grapes begins to react with the extreme heat and it creates this kind of flaming gas ball.While this may sound cool to some people, it’s incredibly dangerous; essentially it’s a fireball–and not the fireball you buy at the liquor store. It’s the kind of fireball that will blow up your microwave and continue to grow while feeding on the oxygen in your home and before you know it, the whole place is up in flames.

About Staff Writer

Our staff writers have expertise in a wide variety of areas. Each article that they write is thoroughly researched.