9. Sulfur dioxide
Sulfur oxide is occasionally used as a preservative in dried fruits owing to its antimicrobial properties. Its addition helps maintain the vibrant appearance of fruit and prevents rotting. It is also used in breakfast cereals, cookies, soft drinks, ice-cream and candies.
However, sulfur additives are toxic leading to common bronchial problems such as asthma, and other health issues like hypotension, anaphylactic shock, flushing and tingling sensations. In addition, sulfur dioxide also destroys vitamins B1 and E in the body.